Coronavirus Update: Royal Mail
As a key part of the UK’s infrastructure, Royal Mail remain open for business, (as do we) during the coronavirus pandemic. This is all part of a huge effort to keep the country together, businesses open and to help connect those who might be struggling at this time.
Royal Mail are continuing to work hard to collect, sort and deliver all of your mail. However, like many businesses across the country they are experiencing high levels of employee absence due to coronavirus and self-isolation. In order to manage the levels of absence they have implemented a range of mitigations.
Changes to Special Delivery Guranteed
The following changes have been made to Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am and 1pm services
- Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9.00am – This time will now be changed to by 12pm the next working day
- Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1.00pm – This time will now be changed to 9pm the next working day
Temporary change to postal arrangements on Saturdays
- Letters – as of 2nd May, Royal Mail will temporarily stop delivering letters on a Saturday. All letters will be delivered between Monday and Friday.
- Parcels – majority of parcel services will be delivered as normal on a Saturday including 1st and 2nd Class Parcels, Royal Mail Tracked 24 and 48, Royal Mail Tracked Returns, Special Delivery Guaranteed and International tracked services.
- Saturday collections – collections will continue as normal
To keep up to date with all of the latest information from Royal Mail please visit their website: https://www.royalmail.com/coronavirus
Ashcroft Mailing are here for you!
We would like to take this opportunity to remind all of our customers that we also remain open for business.
Whilst most of our staff are working remotely from home, we are operating with skeleton staff in the office from Monday – Thursday who are adhering to strict social distancing rules.
We are still taking consumable orders online and over the phone and we are trying our best to ensure these are delivered to you as quickly as possible.
Our engineers are on hand to answer any of your franking queries over the phone. In the unlikely event your machine encounters a fault we will at first try and resolve this over the telephone. If this is not possible, we will arrange for the collection of your franking machine so it can be repaired offsite and returned to you.
These are uncertain and worrying times for businesses and society. It is times like these when we must pull together and remain positive. We would like to thank you for your continued support and Ashcroft Mailing Solutions remain committed to supporting your business.
The Ashcroft Mailing Team